The Saratoga Economic Development Corporation (SEDC) is a private sector, non-profit, consulting firm, established in 1978, that works to retain existing businesses while creating new jobs in Saratoga County, New York. SEDC is the central point of contact for business development and our mission is to create jobs and diversify the tax base while improving the quality of life for the residents of Saratoga County.
We accomplish this through the retention of existing business, attraction of new industry, and improving our product- Saratoga County, New York.
With a Board of successful businessmen, and a staff of experts that understand what it takes to go into business and stay in business, the corporation brings a degree of experience that sets it apart from other non-profit economic development organizations.
SEDC can provide the following services to businesses looking to expand or locate in Saratoga County:
- Economic development project management - from start to finish
- Marketing Saratoga County to attract prospective employers, funding, and investors to the region from the public and private sectors
- "World Class" proposals for expansion and attraction clients
- Building and Site Location Inventory
- Real estate analysis and market research, including site selection for builders and developers and a unique database of available inventory
- Communication with state and regional economic development programs and individuals to bridge the gap between government and the business community
- Financial Services
- Industrial Development Agency Liaison
- Small Business Assistance
- Community Economic Development
- Customized Training Programs through NYS Department of Labor and Academia
- Labor Market Analysis utilizing Geographic Information Systems
What makes us different is results...
SEDC does not act alone when working for the best interest of its clients. We have successfully brought together private businesses and government into a powerful and effective partnership that has resulted in the Capital Region's most robust economic growth.